[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin is not installed ?

Tom Horan thos at esat.com
Thu Mar 27 11:46:01 EST 2003

Hi,
My MIMEDefang installation is picking up my SpamAssassin.

The MIMEDefang configure said this:
checking for Perl module Mail::SpamAssassin 1.6 or better... yes

But, after trying the example mimedefang-filter it didnt seem to be running
SpamAssassin.

So, I stuck in this line just after filter_begin

    if (spam_assassin_is_spam()) {
        action_add_header("X-Spam-Warning", "SpamAssassin says this is
SPAM");
    }

My syslog came out with the following.

Mar 27 15:59:54 marina mimedefang.pl[20727]: h2RFxsbd020731: Attempt to call
Spa
mAssassin function, but SpamAssassin is not installed.

I tried reconfiguring mimedefang, and doing another make ; make install ,
but still doesnt want to work.

Can anyone help me out on this one ?

Mimedefang is version 2.3.1, and SpamAssassin is 2.52

Thanks,
Tom

Esat Telecommunications Limited
is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group plc
Registered in Ireland, Registration No. 141524
Grand Canal Plaza, Upper Grand Canal Street, Dublin, Ireland

This electronic message contains information (and may contain files) from
Esat Telecommunications Limited which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the sole use of the individual(s) or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
and or files is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address
above) immediately. http://www.esatbt.com

eVolve - The 8th annual Heads of Industry conference, Tuesday April 1st,
sponsored by Esat BT http://www.ictexpo.ie/conference.asp
ICT excellence awards 2003 http://www.ictexpo.ie/awards.asp, Wednesday April
2nd, Sponsored by Esat BT