[Mimedefang] Re: virus notifications, etc.

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Mar 26 20:47:01 EST 2003

Ok, so I had an idea this morning and wanted to get some other
viewpoints/opinions, because i'm not so sure my reasoning is sound.

I was thinking that since these following virus types send email pretty much
at random, that i should just reject any email that matches these virus
types and not have to deal with a) processing and sending the messages to
the exchange server and b) having the exchange server try to send mail out
saying the user doesn't exist.

 (on a side note, i'm currently looking into ways to allow sendmail to check
the existance of a user on the exchange server and return a user unknown at
SMTP protocol time, but that's a seperate issue. [although any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated])

any thoughts? pros or cons to this idea?

thanks in advance

alan