[Mimedefang] filter_relay() and the access map

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Wed Mar 26 17:03:01 EST 2003

Some changes at work have resulting in my needing to allow a /18 and /19
relay access through our mail server.  I'm fairly certain I've got
something hacked together correctly for filter_relay(), but before I
make it live I'd like to know how filter_relay() and sendmail's access
map interact with each other.  Are they processed in parallel?  Series?
Does a connection have to pass tests in both?  Only one?

I looked through the mimdefang_filter man page, and there was no mention
of the access map in the section on filter_relay.  I downloaded the list
archives, and rediscovered some discussions regarding similar issues,
but I don't recall any mention of the access map- and I didn't find any
in my search.

There's no mention of how milters interact with the access map in the
current Bat Book, and I didn't turn up anything useful searching the
sendmail website or the sendmail docs (as provided by RedHat).

-kgd
apartment it is.