[Mimedefang] Anyone seeing sneaky spam?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 26 13:24:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Ole Craig wrote:

> 	Um. While it might in the long run have a salutary effect on
> the (generally poor) quality of non-SPAM email, I think this would
> have far too high a false-positive rate to be useful.

Well, I was thinking of adding a mild SpamAssassin score of around 1 or
2 points if more than 20% of words are not found in the dictionary.

I do not think this will catch very much spam, though.  I think
recognizing a few obviously-mispelled words like p0rn or 0pportun1ty
is a much better spam indicator.  (Hope this mail makes it
through... :-))