[Mimedefang] /usr/sbin/makemap

Geoff Thornton gthornton at networksgroup.com
Tue Mar 25 14:16:01 EST 2003

I believe (if memory serves) that the makemap is compiled with sendmail if
you include NEWDB (Berkley Database) support.  If you custom compile
sendmail, make sure to configure your devtools/Site/site.config.m4 file.

Here's a sample one I made:

APPENDDEF(`confMAPDEF', `-DNEWDB -DMAP_REGEX -DNIS -DLDAPMAP')
APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DQUEUE -DSMTP -DTCPWRAPPERS -DUSERDB -DSTARTTLS
-DNETINET6 -DMILTER')
APPENDDEF(`confLIBS', `-lldap -llber -lwrap -lssl -lcrypto')

Also, you'll need to compile and install all perquisite software, such a DB,
LDAP, and SSL, to enable these features.

The Berkley NEWDB software package can be downloaded here:
http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml

Hope this helps,

--Geoff