[Mimedefang] Re: /usr/sbin/makemap

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Tue Mar 25 13:52:01 EST 2003

On 03/25/03 at 10:44, 'twas brillig and Jeremy Mates scrobe:
> * Ole Craig <olc at cs.umass.edu>
> > 	You're most likely missing -DNEWDB from your build args.
>
> Or sendmail cannot find the DB libraries in the search path, as -DNEWDB
> is enabled by default on a number of common systems.
>
> makemap -l
>
> and
>
> sendmail -d0 </dev/null | grep DB
>
> can be informative with regard to what hashy-type thingies are
> available on the system in question.
>
> Use something like the following to fiddle with the library and include
> paths in a site.config.m4 when building sendmail:
>
> APPENDDEF(`confLIBDIRS', `-L/opt/lib')
> APPENDDEF(`confINCDIRS', `-I/opt/include')

	Ah, good point. Make sure you have db4 and attendant RPMs
(db4-utils db4-devel) installed.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key