[Mimedefang] problems with action_add_part & rfc822

Nick Clark Nick.Clark at simmons-simmons.com
Mon Mar 24 11:39:00 EST 2003

Trying to use mimedefang (2.31) to add a disclaimer file to outgoing emails.

Ive added a call to action_add_part in filter_end, and the disclaimer appears, which is just what I want. But, if I send a mail with a second message as an attachment, the attached message gets converted to multipart, and the message/rfc822 content type line is lost:
ie where it used to say

--=_C89784CF.1475071C

.. it now has

------------=_1048523025-27257-0

And my (dumb) mail client doesnt understand that thats a message, & displays it as a strange blob thing.

Any ideas ? I can tweak the mimedefang.pl so that it doesnt create a new multipart
in rebuild_entity, just does $out->add_part($in) but Im guessing this might be a bad thing!

Sadly, as much as I would like to not have disclaimers in mail, its not an option.

Thanks - been scratching my head all day..

Nick.