[Mimedefang] md_log behavior (was Re: And now for something completely different...)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Mar 21 10:36:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> I'd love to see that changed.  When mail comes in for 100
> recipients, there is no need to have 100 lines of syslog all
> saying the same thing.

md_log was written by John Kirkland to work with graphdefang.
John, is there any way you can change md_log not to do that?
I think an extra "rcpts=n" field giving the number of recipients
might suffice, if people aren't interested in per-recipient
statistics.

(I use neither md_log nor graphdefang, so I have no particular
position on this issue.)