[Mimedefang] File::Scan

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Mar 20 04:49:01 EST 2003

Hi,

  So, finding any decent kind of documentation explaining what viruses and
how File::Scan detects them has been fruitless... I know  this isn't
specifically related to MIMEDEfang, but i thought i'd ask anyways.

i'm using MIMEDefang 2.30 / File::Scan v0.44 / Spamassassin 2.50 / Sendmail
8.12.8 and i've noticed a few files that are returning as having found a
virus, but the virusname is empty.

these are Excel files (.xls) that apparently have macros in them, although
supposedly some do not.  I've tried sending email directly to the developer
of File::Scan but have gotten no response so i'm hoping someone on this list
has either had similar experiences or can offere assistance and/or