[Mimedefang] Authentication-Warning

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Mon Mar 17 18:08:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, John Von Essen wrote:

> Mar 17 16:27:39 host sendmail[29660]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
> h2HLRdrk029660: Authentication-Warning: host.domain.com:
> defang set sender to postmaster at domain.com using -f
>

> I always get the above in my maillog when a quarantine report goes out. Is
> this a problem, or should I disregrad it? Can you supress it?

   Sendmail does that whenever a non-trusted user tries to change the
envelope sender.  To get around it, do two things:  One, put

	FEATURE(`use_ct_file')

in the .mc file that you build your config file from.  Then, create
/etc/mail/trusted-users and add the MIMEDefang user (defang) to the file.
The warnings should go away.

   HTH...

Jim