[Mimedefang] HTML disclaimer in Text Messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 17 15:47:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Kenan Kilictepe wrote:

> 	I want to add HTML Disclaimer to all outgoings mails but some of our
> users mail clients send messages without text/html mime part , only with
> text/plain .So is it possible to create text/html mime part from text/plain
> in filter  and then add disclaimer to it?

Yes.

> How?

I won't tell you. :-)  I do not like HTML e-mail.

> 	Or, We use mimedefang with excahnge server so  is it posible to
> force exchange server to create html part?

Yes, it's possible.  However, the latest version of MIMEDefang
includes a function to strip out HTML parts, so many MIMEDefang users
will not see your HTML part or the HTML disclaimer.  The
roaringpenguin.com mail server, for example, strips out HTML parts.

> 	Or is there a better solution?

Yes.  Use a plain-text disclaimer for plain-text mail, or an HTML disclaimer
for HTML mail.  Or better yet, don't add disclaimers at all.