[Mimedefang] Access Database and MIMEDefang

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sat Mar 15 06:23:01 EST 2003

On Fri Mar 14 2003 at 20:50, "Jeff Grossman" wrote:

> Which is supposed to make it so the incoming mail for those two accounts is
> never rejected.  My question is, does MIMEDefang acknowledge those two lines
> in the access database?

No.  Messages get fed to mimedefang by sendmail, and by default they
will not be rejected by 'defang unless your filter otherwise says to
do that.

> Or do I have to make a change in MIMEDefang to allow any mail to
> those accounts untouched?

Yes, you would need to make provision in your filter specifically
for those two email addresses to have them pass through mimedefang
_totally_ untouched.

But!! -- at least take out any viruses and other real nasties that
happen to get sent their way :-)

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Cheers