[Mimedefang] MTA level installation....

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Fri Mar 14 16:07:01 EST 2003

As far as I can see, not all messages get the SA header. Unless you change /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter to add a 'this is not spam' type of header for email SA does not see as spam.

Do you get a X-SpamScore header on mail that is clearly spam and has been detected as such before by SA?

A few things to check to ensure MD is seeying SA.

1. Have you checked the logs for any problems MD may be reporting

2. Run mimedefang.pl -features
   Does it see SpamAssassin? And if so what version?

3. Is there a config file for SA in a location MD knows about? it looks in this
   order for:
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
   /etc/mail/spamassassin.cf

Hope this helps. It took me a little while to get it working last week as well but it runs fine now.

Paul