[Mimedefang] MTA level installation....

John Von Essen essenz at essenz.com
Fri Mar 14 15:27:01 EST 2003

I have used SpamAssassin before, but would like to start using it at an
MTA level within a Sendmail front-end.

I was told to use MIME-Defang.

I just finished installing everything and did a few tests. Everything
seems to be running fine. Sendmail is running, mime-defang is running, and
so on.

I sent some test email through to see if the SpamAssassin checks were
being done. But when I looked at the message after it was delivered, it
just said:

It seems as if MIMEDefang is scanning the message, but it doesn't appear
to be scanned by SpamAssassin...

Am I missing something?

There is a SpamAssassin check in the mimedefang-filter file, and I have
spamd running in daemon mode.

Any help would be great.

John