[Mimedefang] Whiter e-mailed reports?

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Mar 14 10:13:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Joseph Noonan wrote:

> I read the README and I've been running a queue runner for longer
> than I've been running MIMEDefang:
>
>         /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q30m
>
> But thanks anyway.

OK...  Sorry, based on the lack of information, I just assumed that's what
it was.  In that case, then you don't need to do anything else and you are
getting the quarantine notifications :-)

Do the quarantine messages show up in the list when you run sendmail -bp
-Ac?  If not, your filter is probably screwed up.  If they do show up in
there, and you never get them, the queue runner may not be queue-running.
Some logs might help, like grepping for the sendmail queue ID (as shown in
the queue list).

Are you using the same filter that you did with MD 2.8? (apparently not
if you uncommented send_quarantine_notifications)  Did you modernize
your 2.8 filter for 2.30 (after reading the Changlog to see if that's
necessary) or are you just using the sample filter from 2.30?  What does
mimedefang.pl -test show?  Is every call of action_quarantine or
action_quarantine_entire_message before the call of
send_quarantine_notifications?

Could you maybe post your filter (or better yet, especially if it's long,
make it web accessible instead) so we can look it over?

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA