[Mimedefang] what is the equivalent of $LOGNAME

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 12 20:43:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Xiaoyan Ma wrote:

> What will be the equivalent for $LOGNAME ? I do hope I don't have to dig
> into sendmail rulesets.

There is none.  MIMEDefang does not know (and has no way to know) if a
recipient refers to a final mailbox or an alias.

You can find out this information by running "sendmail -bv" and parsing
the output, providing your Sendmail alias files and maps are world-readable.
Note that sendmail.org cautions against world-readable maps and alias files.