[Mimedefang] Re: Disclaimers

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Mar 12 13:49:00 EST 2003

David F. Skoll wrote:

>>This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
>>they are addressed.
>>

>Please note that any message sent to this list is archived in
>publicly-accessible Web space.  Therefore, I urge you not to append
>disclaimers such as this to your postings.  They waste space on
>my server, and if they are ruled legally enforceable, I may run
>into problems because of the public nature of the archives.

    Coming to David's defense though, the last part of that disclaimer
states '...and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addresses.'  The message was addresses to a *public*
mailing list (or entity if you will), so the disclaimer holds.  It's
intended for the list, and will be used as such, be it public or
private, it makes no difference in this case.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.