[Mimedefang] Including an email address in an action_bounce reply message.

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Mon Mar 10 13:08:01 EST 2003

on 3/10/03 9:07 AM, Nels Lindquist at nlindq at maei.ca wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2003 at 14:51, Martin Ferguson wrote:
>
>> I'm currently using action_bounce to bounce mails which get a
>> spamassassin score of higher than 5, I'd like to include an alternate
>> email address in the reply message in case I bounce anything which isn't
>> spam, something along the lines of....
>
> Bouncing at 5 is going to result in a significant number of legit
> messages being bounced.  Note that the SpamAssassin developers very
> strongly recommend against bouncing *at all,* (though some of us
> still do it :-) ).  Our MD/SA setup bounces at 10 and includes spam
> score headers for everything else, which still rejects the vast
> majority of the spam, while allowing through the marginal false-
> positives (which tend to cluster very close to 5).

I was probably going to start bouncing mail which SpamAssassin marks at 20
or above.  I was then going to slowly lower that number down.  But, I don't
imagine I would ever go below 10 to bounce mail.  Anything else that makes
it through would be marked as SPAM.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff at stikman.com)