[Mimedefang] Including an email address in an action_bounce reply message.

Martin Ferguson martin at mve.com
Mon Mar 10 11:26:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm currently using action_bounce to bounce mails which get a
spamassassin score of higher than 5, I'd like to include an alternate
email address in the reply message in case I bounce anything which isn't
spam, something along the lines of....

action_bounce("Message seems to be spam, rejected, if you feel this is
incorrect please mailto:me at whatever.com");

When using this, the bounced message actually reads 'mailto:me.com', the
@whatever part always gets stripped, is there a reason why mimedefang is
doing this? Is it mimedefang or is it the senders MTA?

Is putting an alternative email address in the reply message a bad idea?

Thanks
Martin.