[Mimedefang] MD 2.30 and SA 2.50 problems.

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Sat Mar 8 15:43:01 EST 2003

Hi Alan.

>based on the error reporting that mimedefang.sock is unsafe, you should
>check the permissions of your /var/spool/MIMEDefang directory.
>it should be owned by defang.defang with 700 permissions.  It's possible
>that if the permissions are incorrect it's causing MD to fail.

It's owned by mailnull:wheel currently. 700 Permission tho. Changed it to defang:defang and now MDE complains it has NO access. Remember MD is running as user mailnull as per recommendations in the docs?

I changed the ownership to mailnull:defang and added mailnull to the defang group.
Enabled MD again and am watching /var/log/maillog to see what will happen.

Thanks for the pointer, it's probably something in the permissions. Just ahve to figure out what.

Paul