[Mimedefang] Updating RedHat to Sendmail 8.12.8

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Fri Mar 7 19:47:01 EST 2003

On Fri Mar 07 2003 at 11:45, "Storch, Robin" wrote:

> I'm trying to build sendmail 8.12.8 on a Red Hat 7.3 system running sendmail
> 8.12.6.  A previous post stated:

This was me:

> 2. sendmail doesn't specifically require db4, it is quite happy to
>    work with db3... so edit the sendmail-8.12.2-redhat.patch and
>    change the reference to /usr/include/db4 to /usr/include/db3.
>
>   [ In the .spec file I also exclude the movefiles.patch to put the
>     aliases file back into /etc/mail/ where it belongs (and not
>     /etc/).  (Other tweaks to the spec file are also needed). ]

(I wish you had quoted that properly).

> Could someone please reveal what the "other tweaks" are on #3?

Not much, if anything at all.  Read the spec file, try "rpm -bb
sendmail.spec" and see what happens.  If there are any problems,
then you'll soon discover what is needed, but it isn't much at all.
I can't recall, perhaps I've already mentioned everything that is
needed.  But I'm using the results with mimedefang right now on two
RH73 boxes acting as mail relay and MX servers with no problems.

> Robin Storch

Cheers
Tony