[Mimedefang] using stream_by_domain() and a list of domains

Chris Murray cmurray at apeman.org
Fri Mar 7 18:22:00 EST 2003

Hi All -

I've been running mimedefang for a couple of weeks on my home mail server
and its working great. But I have a couple of friends with there own
domain names that do not want to have filtering at all. I've been reading
up on stream_by_domain() and I looked at the example from the archives of:

In the stream-by-domain example

sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if ($Domain eq "abc.com") {
        # Filter actions for abc.com
    } elsif ($Domain eq "xyz.com") {
        # Filter actions for xyz.com
    } else {
        # Default filter actions
    }
}

I wanted to avoid having to do an elsif for each domain and just look at a
text file in /etc/mail/defang-domains or something similar and see if the
the $Domain is in there, and if so proceed with the filter, if not, quit
and deliver the mail.

I was wondering if anybody has already done something similar, rather than
re-invent the wheel and all. I'm not sure of the best way to do this, as I
want to keep the cpu/ram usage low, since my machine is a P166 :)

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

--
Chris Murray                   /"\