[Mimedefang] Upgraded to MD 2.30. Now having problems with accessing local mailboxes

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Fri Mar 7 18:18:01 EST 2003

I know I did something stupid, but I've not been able to figure it out. I'm hoping some one in here has a fresh insight on it and can point me in the right direction.

System: FreeBSD 4.6 with Sendmail 8.12.8 and MD 2.3.

Without MD, incoming mail gets delivered just fine. With MD running, mail.local has problems and mail does not get delivered until I stop Sendmail and restart it without the milter (Cutting MD out of the process) It's probably a permissions issue but I'm not sure how and where...

Here's the relevant log entries:

Mar  7 17:58:19 dax mail.local: lockmailbox /var/mail/user failed; error code 75
Mar  7 17:58:19 dax sendmail[7363]: h27MvVWc007360: to=<userl at mydomain.com>, delay=00:00:32, xdelay=00:00:30, mailer=local, pri=30913, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: local mailer (/usr/libexec/mail.local) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

I checked on /usr/libexec/mail.local and it's settings are:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin    74321 Mar  6 20:22 mail.local

I created a user defang and a group defang, and have MD run as user mailnull per config specs.

Outgoing mail is not affected at all and works fine, just incoming.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul