[Mimedefang] Updating RedHat to Sendmail 8.12.8

Storch, Robin Robin_Storch at trihealth.com
Fri Mar 7 12:01:46 EST 2003

I'm trying to build sendmail 8.12.8 on a Red Hat 7.3 system running sendmail
8.12.6.  A previous post stated:

Ouch, that should have been avoided :)

1. it is possible to rebuild db4 on a rh7.3 box so that it lives
   beside db2 and db3 (a long messy story).

2. sendmail doesn't specifically require db4, it is quite happy to
   work with db3... so edit the sendmail-8.12.2-redhat.patch and
   change the reference to /usr/include/db4 to /usr/include/db3.

  [ In the .spec file I also exclude the movefiles.patch to put the
    aliases file back into /etc/mail/ where it belongs (and not
    /etc/).  (Other tweaks to the spec file are also needed). ]

Could someone please reveal what the "other tweaks" are on #3?

Robin Storch
Senior Server Analyst
Trihealth, Inc.
robin_storch at trihealth.com