[Mimedefang] How I updated RedHat to Sendmail 8.12.8

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Mar 5 14:30:01 EST 2003

Les Mikesell wrote:

>That does sound like the right approach.  I'd like to stay on
>a stock-RPM track as much a possible. Where do you find this
>kind of information?  Did the apt-get people get this one right?
>That is, if you can use apt-get to upgrate to the 8.12.x will it
>get both the db4 and compatibility libs automatically for you?

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any real mailing list or
whatnot to keep up with the goings on with Rawhide.  I've had many
occasions where I went a little too bleeding edge and got bit.  After
some time, it starts to make sense and you can tell where they are going
and know what things to hold back on and which things are safe.  And
from experience I can definitely tell you that if you muck around and
tweak the packages too much, you can get yourself into trouble.