[Mimedefang] How I updated RedHat to Sendmail 8.12.8

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Mar 5 09:18:01 EST 2003

Mike Smith wrote:

> To remove the DB4 dependancy, simple modify sendmail-8.12.2-redhat.patch
>and remover -I/usr/include/db4 and -ldb-4.0.

You can install the db4 RPM and maintain the old libs by installing the
compat-db and gnome-libs packages.  compat-db gives you the db2 and db3
libs and the gnome-libs gives you the db1 libs.  Much better to go this
route (how RedHat intends) instead of getting into funny business with
the RPMS that could mess things up down the road.