[Mimedefang] BUG: filter_bad_filename doesn't expect a space

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 4 11:03:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jay Levitt wrote:

> Ah, good point!  I'm a RE novice, but is there a way to craft a RE that will
> disallow the above because it's not quoted,

By then, it's too late.  The MIME::Tools module has pulled the filename
out of the MIME message.  The problems with malformed MIME, and the
reason you find a patched version of MIME::Tools on my Web site, are
documented at http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/bugtraq0206/13.html

It's a hard problem to solve in any sensible way, because you're trying
to anticipate all possible MUA bugs. :-(