[Mimedefang] SECURITY: Update to Sendmail 8.12.8 ASAP

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Mar 3 17:29:01 EST 2003

Eric Wood wrote:

>But I thought mimedefang strongly advised not to run on anything less than
>8.12.7 sendmail because of bugs in the milter code - thereby having
>potential filter problems.  Do you know if RH's latest rpm is as good as
>8.12.8 - meaning RH has also backported 8.12.7's milter fixes to 8.11.6.
>
>I doubt it.

    All of the *fixes* since 8.11.5 has been back ported into every
sendmail release from Red Hat since.  Additional features since 8.11.5
are questionable.

    Then again, I don't run RH's sendmail, I always compile from
sendmail.org.  However, someone I know does run rpms, and I can find
very few differences between his rpm, and my source.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.