[Mimedefang] SA 2.50 w/ MD 2.30 problem

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Mon Mar 3 16:18:53 EST 2003

Hello all,
	I had a similar experience to Adam in that when I upgraded from
2.42 to 2.50, I experienced errors.  It installed over the old one, but
didn't overwrite the files in /usr/share/spamassassin.  All of the cf files
were from the last version.  Then I saw a whole bunch of errors about SA
crying about all sort of madness.  The errors were similar to what you
reported.  Looking into some of those errors in detail noted that I had old
versions of files in that directory and that perhaps I could run SA with
-c.  Unable to find anything on -c (and wanting a working server post
haste), I backed up the contents of /usr/share/spamassassin and did a make
install again.  That recreated /usr/share/spamassassin and all was well.
I'm thinking it's just a weird snafu that you  experienced...

Cheers,

Stefano