[Mimedefang] SECURITY: Update to Sendmail 8.12.8 ASAP

Shawn Button sbutton at dtjboulder.com
Mon Mar 3 16:13:59 EST 2003

Thanks, I will it again...

-----Original Message-----
From: mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringpenguin.com
[mailto:mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringpenguin.com] On Behalf Of Ashley
M. Kirchner
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 1:45 PM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] SECURITY: Update to Sendmail 8.12.8 ASAP

Shawn Button wrote:

>Thanks, it returns 8.12.5...any idea what I could be doing wrong here?
>Should I just pull the rpm and install? The stuff on RH's site lists
the
>version as 8.11.6? Am I seriously confused about the version numbers?

    You *should* be able to upgrade your current rpm with the new one.
 Please note that RH doesn't maintain the same version release with
their rpms.  So, for RH 7.3, the current RPM is -8.11.6.23.73, and for
RH8 it's -8.12.8-1.80.

    This does NOT mean that they're running an old version, they just
can't maintain the same version numbers due to other dependencies, so
they backport fixes to their own released versions.  Having said that,
if you can upgrade your 8.11.5 to 8.11.6.23.73, you should be fine.

    For more info, please refer to
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-073.html

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.