[Mimedefang] SA 2.50 w/ MD 2.30 problem

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Mar 3 14:10:01 EST 2003

Adam Beatham wrote:

> As I said in another post.. I had this exact problem once, and it was
> as you said as well..that SA Installed files into a different place.
> all upgrades before that particular one were fine, and all subsequent
> ones have been fine.  I've run into this on a test machine as
> well..but again, only once.  I would put my coins into the SA bucket,
> if I were betting..

    Oh believe me, I would like to blame SA for this, but before I do
that, I'd like to know what it did different.  And in comparing an old
SA 2.44 installation versus a 2.50, all files are in the same exact
spot.  2.50 hasn't put anything in any other place than what 2.44
originally had.  So, *theoretically*, as far as the installed files go,
2.50 installed over 2.44, effectively "upgrading" itself.

    For the moment I've rolled back to 2.44 and everything's running
fine.  When I'm able to dedicate more time on this, I'll do some more
digging, see if I can come up with anything.  This is, for lack of a
better word, frustrating.