[Mimedefang] Help with filter script to attach original SPAM as message/rfc822

Michael Sims msims at mail.crye-leike.com
Mon Mar 3 08:10:01 EST 2003

Quoting Michael Sims <michaels at mail3.crye-leike.com>:

> Secondly, I couldn't find a way to create a new MIME::Entity instance from
> the original raw message without using MIME::Parser.  This module is marked
> as experimental and I'm concerned that I may run into problems with it.

Following up to my own post here...

I was just wondering why I didn't get any reponses to this post when something occured to me regarding MIME::Parser.  I thought to myself "MIMEDefang has to parse the original message at some point to create a MIME::Entity, how does it do it?"  And of course the answer is it uses MIME::Parser.  I guess that means that MIME::Parser isn't too experimental to actually use in production. :)

So, I feel a bit silly about that (I guess I should have examined the mimedefang.pl source before posting) but I'm still curious if anyone has any thoughts on how I may improve the efficiency of my filter, or if anyone has attempted to attach the original spam as message/rfc822 like I am...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722