[Mimedefang] Escape characters in subject

Ernst du Plooy eduplooy at ananzi.co.za
Mon Mar 3 03:13:00 EST 2003

There seems to be an error in the mimedefang-multiplexer.
 Try sending a message with a \ as the last character of
the subject line.  The filter will respond:  stat=Deferred:
451 4.7.1 Please try again later.

If you add any character (including a space) after the \
the mail will work fine.  It seems that the escape
character escapes the EOL.

As far as I know there is no way to change the subject in
the mimedefang-filter rules perl script.  I don?t want to
change the mimedefang.pl script since it will cause
incompatibility in new releases.

Thank you
Ernst

==
Download ringtones, logos and picture messages at Ananzi Mobile Fun.
http://www.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin/goto.pl?mobile