[Mimedefang] quarantined spam & saving SA report

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Jun 17 19:34:00 EDT 2003

On 14 Jun 2003 at 0:56, Stephane Lentz wrote:

> correct me if I'm wrong but currently the SpamAssassin report
> is not saved for quarantined messages that are found to be spam.
>
> Wouldn't it be interesting that action_quarantine_entire_message
> also saved the SpamAssassin report to some file called SAREPORT
> for instance for latter investigation/optimization of SA configuration ?

Actually, action_quarantine_entire_message accepts a string parameter
which will be written out to the quarantine directory as MSG.0.

In my spam detection routine, I call:

action_quarantine_entire_message("$report\n");

and the SA report shows up as MSG.0.

> This could be accomplised by adding a second parameter to
> action_quarantine_entire_message($msg,$spamreport) for instance

Ah.  That would be helpful in the event that you don't want your SA
report in the notification message, I suppose!

> BTW are you all using separate quarantined directories for spam
> and viruses through the use $QuarantineDir ?

Yes.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager