[Mimedefang] Bouncing on invalid HELO/EHLO

Geoff Thornton gthornton at networksgroup.com
Thu Jun 12 12:22:01 EDT 2003

I hope I'm understanding your question correctly.  If you're asking if this
code still allows a mail exchanger to receive mail for more than one domain
on the Internet, than the answer is yes.

My understanding (and what my log files confirm) is that when you say
'HELO', you say who *you* are, not who you are sending to.  I just block
senders that look at my mailer's IP address or banner message and say, "Oh
yeah, I'm really you and want to send a message to 'myself'"

BTW--I relay for several different MX domains through MIMEDefang and have
not had any problems.

--Geoff Thornton