[Mimedefang] virtusertable and mimedefang

Adam Lanier adam at krusty.madoff.com
Mon Jun 9 12:54:01 EDT 2003

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, a quick search of the
archives didn't show any hits.

I'm running sendmail 8.12.9 and mimedefang/spamassassin on redhat linux 8.0.

My routing setup is a little awkward as I'm trying to sell managment on
the idea of MD/SA.  To do that I'm attempting to route a few key players
through the MD/SA box by using some less than fancy footwork.  In
essence, this is the 'normal' routing path:
---
Mail sent to: user at madoff.com gets delivered to: user at madoff.com

primaryMX.madoff.com --> ScanningBox.madoff.com --> mailbox.madoff.com
---
This is the modified routing path:

Mail sent to: user at madoff.com gets redirected (by
scanningbox.madoff.com)to user at MD/SAbox.madoff.com and redirected again
to user at mailbox.madoff.com

primaryMX.madoff.com > scanningbox.madoff.com > MD/SAbox.madoff.com >
mailbox.madoff.com

The problem (sorry for the length of this post) I'm having is that I'm
using the virtusertable on the MD/SA box to point the incoming messages
back to the mailbox server, in doing so I'm not seeing MD/SA process any
messages; at least they're not being flagged as spam, I do see the MD
Scanned-by header.

Does the use of virtusertable preempt the milter functionality?  Or am I
missing something (don't answer that, it's a trick question)?

If the virtusertable is causing the problem, can anyone offer some
suggestions as to how I can reroute the mail back to the users mailbox
server post-MD/SA processing?

thanks in advance,
adam