[Mimedefang] MD 2.34 and config files...

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Mon Jun 30 15:42:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:39:13PM -0400, VonEssen, John wrote:
> Is 2.34 backwards compatible with 2.33 config file? I remember hearing
> something that action_bounce() could now return message and a specified
> DSN code, so I was wondering if the syntax has changed.
>

> John

John, David documents changes in the Changelog file.
Example :

2003-06-04  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

        * redhat/mimedefang-init: Copy the PID files into /var/run to
        keep Red Hat's silly killproc() function happy.

        * redhat/mimedefang-spec.in: The spec file now generates two
        RPM's: mimedefang and mimedefang-contrib

        * Renamed md_log to md_graphdefang_log.

        *** NOTE INCOMPATIBILITY ***

        YOU MUST update your filter, and change all instances of
        "md_log_enable" to "md_graphdefang_log_enable" and
        "md_log" to "md_graphdefang_log"

Read it carefully !

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services