[Mimedefang] SoBig.E slipping through

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Jun 30 19:32:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tony L. Cratz wrote:

> 	I have already made sure that clamd had the fresh databases via
> 	Freshclam before I started clamd and mimedefang.
>
> 	I also have made sure that my cron job runs as the user
> 'defang'.

And is freshclam with --daemon-notify ?

> 	Because of this, I do not believe that is my problem.

Maybe.  You might want to try scanning a known copy with

  clamdscan
      ^

instead of with

  clamscan

That will let you know if the difference has to do with clamd.

Best of luck with this.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/