[Mimedefang] SoBig.E slipping through

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Jun 30 19:05:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tony L. Cratz wrote:

> 	I also have been having a similar problem in that this virus
> 	Keeps getting passed mimedefang/clamd.

> 	If I run clamdscan or clamscan on the file, it tells me that
> 	it is a virus. But it passes right through mimedefang-2.34/clamd

Please see my recent posting on exaclty this.  Unless you correctly tell
clamd to reread the database, it will use what it read when it was
started.

I've got more detail about that in a posting yesterday.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/