[Mimedefang] filter_relay doesn't seem to work.

Wayne wayne at hamilton.net
Fri Jun 27 17:08:00 EDT 2003

I have put a simple filter_relay in on my test box just to see if all
messages would be rejected. When I send a message it goes through and the
spamassassin points are applied and it is relayed to my mail server. My
thinking is all messages should be rejected by filter_relay. I am using
2.34. I have tried to follow the examples from the website but nothing seems
to work with filter_relay.

I have the following filter_relay in my mimedefang-filter
sub filter_relay
{
my($ip, $name, $helo) = @_;
return('REJECT', "|$ip|$name|$helo|");
}

I have the following in my mimedefang.conf
# If you want the multiplexor, you need to uncomment this line
MULTIPLEXOR=yes

# Run the multiplexor and filters as this user, not root.  RECOMMENDED
MX_USER=defang

# If you want to keep spool directories around if the filter fails,
# set the next one to yes
# KEEP_FAILED_DIRECTORIES=no

# This turns on the multiplexor relay checking function
MX_RELAY_CHECK=YES

# This turns on the multiplexor sender checking function
MX_SENDER_CHECK=YES

Thanks
Wayne