[Mimedefang] archive extension associations

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 27 16:17:00 EDT 2003

> We are were burned a bit earlier with the W32.Sobig.E at mm virus in an
> attachment with the extension .zi .. as opposed to .zip.

It's even more twisted.  The filename is of the form "application.zip
with leading quote but no trailing quote, and sendmail rewrites it
dropping the last p, for reasons I don't understand yet.

At the point in the process where milter has it, it still has
the p in zip.

Anyone else notice the timezone with two minus signs, --0400 ?
But for plus timezones, there was only one plus.

Joseph Brennan          Columbia University in the City of New York
postmaster at columbia.edu                 Academic Technologies Group