[Mimedefang] Configure uvscan to scan inside a zip file.

John john at jjgb.com
Thu Jun 26 17:25:09 EDT 2003

At 02:54 PM 6/26/2003, you wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:
>
> > Or "your_details.zi" (without the "p" for reasons explained on that site)
> > which fortunately makes it harder for users to infect their machines.  :-)
>
>    Somehow or another, we have a lot of campus users whose workstations
>have ".zi" associated with WinZIP.  Not sure how that happened.  We are
>getting hit by this.  I am going to filter that filename.
>
>    Another thing I don't understand is this - with the default.pif inside
>the zip file, apparently they dont have to manually launch the pif, just
>by opening the zip file, it launches the enclosed .pif.  Anyone know how
>that works?

That's not the case.  I open it last night knowing what it was to kinda
play with it and it did nothing.  Various sites mention you have to execute
the .pif to get infected.  It will not self run...

>Jim

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003