[Mimedefang] [OT] Advice for RFC1123 5.2.9

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Wed Jun 25 09:49:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Michael C. Hanson wrote:

> [...]

> I receive these types of connections on a semi to high basis. I assume
> this is a form of dictionary 'attack' spammers use to find legitimate
> e-mail addresses on a server.

It looks more like spam has been forged using RANDOM at quicksilver.com as
the envelope from and a bunch of innocent sites are trying to bounce
failed spam to you.

A quick check of the spam sitings newsgroup confirms that you've got a
domain name that spammers frequently forge from.

  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=quicksilver+group%3Anews.admin.net-abuse.sightings&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3Dnews.admin.net-abuse.sightings

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/