[Mimedefang] Milter -- wierd handling

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 24 12:52:01 EDT 2003

> I was running 8.12.8-5 compiled from rpm and I upgraded to
> 8.12.9 from rawhide for redhat linux, and I had problems (not
> with the socket though) and rolled back to 8.12.8. I had
> authentication problems with 8.12.9, it requires saslauthd
> and db4 to be installed for sendmail 8.12.9 to run correctly.
> I partially resolves some problems with this by rebuilding my
> db and cf files.
>
> I originally planned to resolve the remaining problems on a
> test machine, but decided to just stay with 8.12.8 as I can't
> see ANY compelling reason to go to 8.12.9 from 8.12.8. I plan
> to stay with 8.12.8 until the distant future...
>
> --Luke

Hi Luke!

You know that sendmail 8.12.8 has a serious bug so that was the reason for
sendmail 8.12.9 came out? Redhat 8 and 9 still have 8.12.8 rpms as they
patched this version with the bug fix patch.

For building the sendmail rawhide src.rpm on an older Redhat release you
will have to set %define errata variable in the spec file to what release
you are running. For me it is %define errata 72. This way it does not
compile against db4 as Redhat 7.x comes with db3. Same with saslauthd.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999