[Mimedefang] AD mail aliases

Martin J. Dellwo dellwo at 3dp.com
Mon Jun 23 15:08:00 EDT 2003

Someone on this list about a month ago mentioned getting their sendmail
to check Active Directory for email aliases.  I think it was in the
context of checking for the existence of recipients before passing mail
in.  Does anyone have a good how-to for this?  I would be very
interested--currently I maintain a large aliases file on our gateway
which passes most mail in to an internal server.  Mail comes into
addresses as "User at topleveldomain.com" and gets forwarded to
"User at subdomain.topleveldomain.com".  "User" can be the same or
different, such as "lastname" or "Firstname.Lastname" format.  I could
reduce a lot of complexity by being able to do this all from Active
Directory or even  Exchange Server (5.5) LDAP lookups.
Martin J. Dellwo   (610) 458-5264 x6512   dellwo at 3dp.com
Systems Administrator, 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
http://www.3dp.com/