[Mimedefang] SA RBL still not working

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Mon Jun 23 08:13:00 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Rocha" <steven.rocha at wccnetworking.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 11:45 PM
Subject: [Mimedefang] SA RBL still not working

> I originally had Mimedefang 2.33 installed with Spamassassin 2.54.  I
> recently tried to turn on RBL checks with the skip_rbl_check set to 0 in
> my sa-mimedefang.cf file.  When running tcpdump monitoring for port 53
> traffic, I did not see any activity for the RBLs.  When running
> spamassassin -tD < sample-spam.txt, I see the 6 or 7 RBL checks from SA.
> I did my research on the list and saw that David had posted a patch for
> 2.33 and the fix in 2.34 Beta 5.  I installed Mimedefang 2.34 Beta 5 and
> still do not see the RBL checks working.  Am I missing another setting
> in my cf files?

man mimedefang-filter

[...]
       $SALocalTestsOnly (default 1)
              If set to 1, SpamAssassin calls will use only local
              tests.  This is the default  and  recommended  set-
              ting.   This disables Received, RBL and Razor tests
              in an all or nothing fashion.  To  use  Razor  this
              MUST  be set to 0.  You can add 'skip_rbl_checks 1'
              to your SpamAssassin config file if you need to.
[...]

MIMEDefang turns off all RBL testing by default.

Chris