[Mimedefang] OT: Can't compile on RH 7.1

Robert Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Thu Jun 19 11:02:01 EDT 2003

I checked there but couldn't really make sense of what it was looking for.
Here is a shortened output of the errors:

gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81)
configure:1514: $? = 0
configure:1516: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: argument to `-V' is missing
configure:1519: $? = 1
configure:1545: checking for C compiler default output
configure:1548: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
./configure: line 1:  9269 Aborted                 (core dumped) $CC $CFLAGS
$C$
configure:1551: $? = 134
configure: failed program was:
#line 1522 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:1578: error: C compiler cannot create executables

[....Removed several lines....]

configure: exit 77