[Mimedefang] Off Topic - Mail Message and MySQL

Phil Eschallier phil at BuxTech.Com
Wed Jun 18 11:56:01 EDT 2003

David;

Did you elect to have the filter update the RDBMS, or do you use some form
of post processing?

And for something really off topic ...

As a the architect of a commercial software product, I think it would be of
great value to get some idea of what went into your selection of PostgreSQL
(over MySQL or any of the other freely available RDBMS-like servers).  Did
you favor its feature-set?  Did MySQL's change in licensing impact you?

We're faced with this question weekly and make DB server sections based on
project requirements ... but the which DB to use is kind of the MAC vs. PC
question of the mid-90s, so I always try to get feedback from others when
possible.

If you have the time to respond, I'd appreciate it.  As this is way off
topic, if you'd like to take this off list to my private e-mail, that would
be fine with me.  I can't be sure if this would be of interest or just an
annoyance to list subscribers.

... Phil