[Mimedefang] Runtime Virus Scanner Detection

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Jun 17 15:47:00 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Richard Laager wrote:

> I'm just curious, is there a reason that the list of available virus
> scanners is detected at compile-time instead of at run-time?

Walking through one's path looking for binaries each time a new slave
starts would be very, very bad for a high volume system.

> Furthermore, why aren't message_contains_virus() and
> entity_contains_virus() part of the MIMEDefang code? Ideally they would
> scan using all available virus scanners, not just the first.

Configurability.  What if you don't want to scan with all available virus
scanners.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA