[Mimedefang] Too Many Open Files (again?)

Matlock , Justin JMatlock at innotrac.com
Tue Jun 17 15:00:06 EDT 2003

I'm starting to get a ton of these:

Jun 17 14:45:45 gaatsml01 mimedefang[6691]: [ID 838820 mail.warning]
h5HIjjd3007350: Could not create
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-h5HIjjd3007350/HEADERS: Too many open files

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.33, Solaris 9, Perl 5.8.0, Sendmail 8.12.9, the
latest SpamAssassin, with Bayes and Razor2.  /var/spool/MIMEDefang is a
tmpfs partition on one machine, and standard directories on two others.

The only change I have made in recent days was adding Pyzor support, which I
have since removed from the SpamAssassin onfiguration (use_pyzor 0).

I searched google, and saw that this was a problem with older version, but
it was fixed in 2.32.

I'm not sure why this suddenly started happening -- we have three identical
mail servers, and the other two just started doing it as well.  I had never
seen this error until today (we've been deployed on these new servers for a
week).

Anything else I should be looking at/for?

Thanks!

Justin